Electron VAT Bolton - Specialist VAT Consultants Nationwide UK“VAT IS A SELF-ASSESSING TAX AND IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO GET IT RIGHT” HMRC.
Electron VAT Consultancy is now approaching its fifth anniversary. This is coupled with 18 years experience within HMRC and HM Customs & Excise. Not many other VAT Consultants can offer this depth of expertise.
Why Electron VAT Consultancy?
• My 18 years within HMRC and HM Customs & Excise allowed me to experience the full range of their activities culminating in being a senior officer within the Tax Avoidance Partial Exemption (TAPE) team. This team specialised in complex VAT matters. At the same time I was a mentor to fellow VAT Inspectors in both giving advice and acting as a liaison point with the specialist VAT Policy Units, who propose and draft VAT legislation.
• Since leaving HMRC I have mainly been employed by small and medium sized accountancy practices that do not have their own in-house VAT specialists. Also, I have been employed by the leading tax investigation firms for consultation on VAT matters. Recently, due to my prominence on Google and other search engines I have been directly employed by businesses on an increasing basis.
• I have a 100% success rate at the Tax Tribunal, however most of my success has come with HMRC withdrawing their cases prior to the hearings. Unfortunately, since 2009 you are unlikely to be awarded costs therefore HMRC are attempting to take the most debatable cases to the Tax Tribunal. If I think that you are unlikely to be successful then you will be told at the earliest opportunity. I do not exploit my clients!
• My rates are very competitive. I make no secret that I work from a home address and therefore whilst my overheads are relatively low the quality of advice is of the highest standard. I do exceptionally offer fixed rate terms but do not be offended if I say no.
• Whilst I am not myself an accountant, almost 75% of my clients are accountants. I specialise in VAT advice and other indirect taxes e.g. Import Duty. I have a network of fellow consultants who can provide other services, if required.
• My client base is nationwide. Some I have never met due to the internet and telephone contact. Please note my new Manchester (0161 669 0005) and Lancashire (01772 285727) telephone numbers. Hopefully, a London telephone number will soon become live.
My service as a VAT consultant can include general advice, retentions, sub-contracting and informal partnerships. Ultimately, the aim of Electron VAT Consultancy is to serve the customer and I have a fantastic record of repeat business. Phil Booth BSc (Hons), DIS